"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these."
~George Washington Carver~
Below I have a slideshow displaying pictures of Pokey Pets and other related things along with a link showing the instructions document to make a Pokey Pet. These posts sometimes do not show up with certain web browsers like internet explorer. I have, however, discovered that they are visible with google chrome. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Exciting News!!!


This past summer, I entered a contest on Dosomething.org for Pokey Pets. I learned in October that I won the $500 grant!!! I am looking forward to using this grant money to further Pokey Pets, but I can't do it alone! $500 is a lot of money for a little project. I need everyone to help so that Pokey Pets will grow into something larger. My hope is that I can teach others how to make the craft so that more can be made and donated. I am a high school senior and don't have as much time to invest in the project as I would like, but you may have that valued time that is needed! If you are interested in learning how to make Pokey Pets, let me know and we can try to work something out! I am very thankful for this grant from Dosomething.org because it eliminates money holding Pokey Pets back from continuing. All that we need now is the time spent to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment