"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these."
~George Washington Carver~
Below I have a slideshow displaying pictures of Pokey Pets and other related things along with a link showing the instructions document to make a Pokey Pet. These posts sometimes do not show up with certain web browsers like internet explorer. I have, however, discovered that they are visible with google chrome. Enjoy!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

145

On thursday May 19th, I attended my regular Children's Hospital check-up. During that time, I was able to donate the 145 Pokey Pets that have been sewn by groups and people in Clarkston as a result of the $500 Dosomething.org grant! The ladies in the Child services office were so excited to be recieving them and said that IV covers are always needed and appreciated. This donation means that the total number of Pokey Pets that have been donated has reached 160! A year ago, I wouldn't have even imagined this happening and am so happy that this project has succeeded in bringing comfort to sick children needing something to brighten their spirits.





This is me with the lady who worked with me when I donated the Pokey Pets :)




Pokey Pets is an ongoing project and there is still some unused money from the grant. So, my hope is that it will continue to grow even though I will be starting up college in the fall. Thank you so much for all of your support! Any form of support helps Pokey Pets become bigger and better which means reaching more small lives out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment